Now Accepting Applications
White Peak is Reno, Nevada’s leading full-service digital marketing agency. Our services include website design, development and hosting, branding and messaging, search engine optimization, online advertising, social media marketing, content creation, B2B lead generation, and conversion optimization.
At White Peak, we know just how important a quality education is. Additionally, we recognize that every dollar counts when pursuing a degree. With that in mind, White Peak is proud to offer a $1,000 scholarship program for students attending one of the following northern Nevada colleges or universities – our hometown schools:
- University of Nevada, Reno
- Truckee Meadows Community College
- Western Nevada College
- Great Basin College
- Sierra Nevada College
- Multnomah University
Two $500 scholarships are being offered for two students who, in our opinion, can best demonstrate a flair for writing.
Let’s face it, most employment opportunities require a variety of writing types, even those not specifically designated as communications positions. Excellent writing skills present a professional, polished appearance and this grants job seekers and employers an edge over the competition.
Writing skills are essential in every profession. With the abundance of emails, notes, letters, texts and even social media status updates in the workplace today, as much time as ever is being spent writing content. Strong writing skills will make a huge difference in how the employee and their employer appear to others.
With this in mind, applicants for this scholarship should submit a 500-1,000 word essay on the importance of quality writing using personal anecdotes or a story.
Many times a message won’t come across as intended due to grammar errors. Perhaps a project was submitted without the proper proofreading. What was the outcome? What lessons can be taken from the experience? What did the mistake make you think or feel about the writer? Alternatively, perhaps extra attention was applied to ensure a quality piece, and it made all the difference in the world.
Any questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements to Apply
- You must have been accepted into one of the above colleges or universities.
- Currently maintaining a 3.0+ GPA.
- If you’re a GAP student applying to a school after a year off, your last GPA in school must have been at least a 3.0.
- Applicant must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Incoming Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors may apply. Additionally, those seeking a scholarship for their Master’s degree may apply as well.
- Immediate family members of White Peak employees or contractors are not eligible.
- Submit an essay of at least 500 words but not more than 1,000 words to email@example.com in either .doc or .pdf format.
- We encourage creativity, with a liberal use of language, however, the essay should contain no vulgarity or profanity or derogatory language.
- Your essay should showcase your use of the English language, excellent grammar and a thorough understanding of the topic.
- Submission should include your full name, official and verifiable evidence of your GPA, email address, and the school you plan to attend.
- Once submitted, the entries cannot be returned or edited.
- All entries must be received by midnight PT March 31st, 2021.
- The winners will be selected by White Peak, at our sole discretion.
- The winners will be announced no later than April 30th, 2021 on https://whitepeak.io/blog
- Winners will be notified by email. If the winner does not reply within 14 days, a new winner will be selected.
- The winners will need to provide evidence of acceptance into the school of choice (from the list above) and proof of high school diploma or GED.
- White Peak will submit the scholarship awarded to the financial aid office of the school the student attends on behalf of the student.
- White Peak will verify the winners’ enrollment before the award is distributed. If a winner’s enrollment cannot be verified, a new winner will be selected.
Submit your essay to Scholarships.